Privacy & Cookies Policy
Welcome to save-money.org.org site! Please read the following Privacy & Cookies Policy carefully.
By using our site, save-money.org.org, its related services or other tools (collectively referred to as “save-money.org”) you accept this Privacy & Cookies Policy and consent to the collection, retention and use of your personal data in accordance with this Policy. Please, do not use save-money.org if you do not accept this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Privacy & Cookies Policy constitutes the integral part of save-money.org Terms & Conditions and has to be read in connection with them.
save-money.org is owned and operated by Yukon SNC Management Ltd, Strovolou 77, STROVOLOS CENTER, 2nd floor, Flat/Office 204, 2018, Nicosia, Cyprus (hereinafter – “the Company”, “we", "us", "our"). The terms "you" refers to a natural person who accesses, browsing, contributes content or in any other way interacts with save-money.org.
We believe that your privacy is important and take all reasonable steps to protect it. Therefore, we will only ask you to provide information that is strictly necessary in order to use our services.
The following Privacy & Cookies Policy depicts how the Company will collect and use your personal data on save-money.org site and related websites, tools and applications. Privacy & Cookies Policy applies to all personal data that we collect on save-money.org or through the use of our services.
This Privacy & Cookies Policy is based on Switzerland personal data protection law.
1. Who processes and controls your personal data
Any personal data that you provide to save-money.org is controlled and managed by the Company.
2. Purposes of personal data collection
We use your personal data:
- to provide you services and information which you have requested;
- to ensure that the content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to notify your about important changes of save-money.org services, conditions of use and site policies;
- to provide you notices and alarms of newly appeared site content, user generated content and other information according to your preferences and settings;
- to keep your save-money.org programs search settings in order to release you from repeating entering them in every new search;
- to analyse the information we collect in order to administer, support, improve and develop our site and services;
- to provide you with information, products or services which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
3. Information that we collect
Information that we collect from you helps us to improve our services and your user experience at save-money.org. It allows us to create a customized experience for each visitor and to satisfy our clients’ needs. We use your personal data to deliver our services, inform you about our products and services, maintain accounts, and send you promotional e-mails and newsletters.
The following personal data is collected and stored: Information you provide us:
- E-mail address, phone number and other contact information;
- Posts, correspondence that happens through save-money.org and correspondence that is sent directly to us;
- In case you contact us through e-mail, we will gather your name and e-mail address together with any other information that will be included in the e-mail;
- Profile picture that can be you actual photo or some other picture. Note that we do not store your password in a readable form, only specific data allowing to check the correctness of inputted password (password’s hash function). Information obtained through technical means:
- Our servers collect the information about your computer and connection: browser type, operating system, IP address, time and date of your visits, statistical data on page views, traffic to and from other websites and standard web log information;
Information from social networks
For certain features of the site, we may offer sign-up services that make it possible to use social networks login credentials to sing into save-money.org. If you choose to do so, we may also access information contained in your social network service profile. You will also be able to share your activity on save-money.org in social networks if you want so.
Note that if you access save-money.org from a shared device or a device in a public space (such as library, or Internet café), some information may also be available to those individuals, who use this device after you.
If you are participating in contests or other specific event organized on save-money.org, additional personal data may be collected and further processed in accordance with specific rules of a contest or another event. We do not request you to provide your sensitive personal data.
4. Refusal to provide your personal data
If you choose not to provide you personal data to us (such as your name, e-mail address), we will not be able to provide you with other services and information, such as customer service, newsletters, marketing information or other services. If you refuse to provide personal data, your account will not be registered and you will not get personalized services from save-money.org.
5. How we use your personal data
First and foremost we collect your personal datan in order to make your experience safe, error-free, personal and mutually beneficial. By accessing and using save-money.org, you acknowledge and accept that we may use your personal data to:
- Secure existing accounts;
- Identify you in our system;
- Send you promotional e-mails and newsletters, as well as to reply to your inquiries to your provided e-mail address. You may opt-out from our promotional e-mails at any time;
- Prevent and identify potential security threats and/or illegal activities, and enforce save-money.org Terms & Conditions;
- Improve and personify your experience with the site;
- Inform you about our services, policy changes and other amendments;
- And for other purposes described in the following Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Apart from personal data that is being collected from registered users, we may also collect nameless information that does not allow identifying users. Such data can be used in order to analyze users’ behavior and make changes to the save-money.org site.
By registering account at save-money.org you acknowledge and give us your opt-in consent that you can receive advertising commercial e-mail letters from carefully selected third parties that can include third party advertising materials. You may opt-out at any moment by notifying us by e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. Parties that may be given access to your personal data
When you participate in save-money community or provide reviews to money-saving sites, your nickname and profile picture will be displayed on the Site. We do not publicly display your any other data. Access to your personal data can be given to the following parties, providing that they keep its security:
- The Company’s affiliates and/or subsidiaries;
- Service providers that help us with business operations on a contract basis (such as accounting companies or marketing companies). However, such service providers only have access to personal data that is relevant for performing their functions and service providers are not allowed to use your personal data for other purposes;
- Law enforcement, governmental bodies, authorized third-party agents in order to respond to a request related to a criminal investigation or potential illegal activity. In situations like this, we will provide all necessary information that we have that might be relevant to the inquiry, like full name, billing address, telephone number, e-mail address or other.
- Advertising, Measurement and Analytics Services (Nameless information only). We do not share information that personally identifies you (names or email address). We can share your personal data with advertising, measurement or analytics partners. We may provide these partners with information about the reach and effectiveness of their advertising without providing information that personally identifies you, or if we have aggregated the information so that it does not personally identify you.
- Specifically, we use Google Analytics services which collect and process data about how you use the Site. Google Analytics receives from us no data that personally identifies you as an individual (name, e-mail address, billing information), or other data that can be reasonably linked to such information by Google. For more details, see Google policy “How Google uses data when you use our partners' sites or apps”
8. Account Protection
Your password is essential to your account. We highly encourage to use unique letters, numbers, and characters and never to disclose your account password to anyone. In case you decide to share your credentials (login, password) to another party – bear in mind that you are fully responsible for all actions that occur in your account, including legally binding actions that were carried out in your account on your behalf. If your credentials become known to a third party against your will, please notify us immediately so that we could take measures.
9. Accessing and amending your personal data
You have a right to know what your personal information we keep and how it is processed. You may send the request on the address email@example.com and we will answer you in 21 days, providing in particular the following information: (a) a description of the purpose or purposes of the processing; (b) a description of the categories of data being processed by us or on our behalf; (c) a description of the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the data are disclosed; (d) source of those personal data. This information will be provided free of charge. You may request us to erase or block or correct your incomplete or inaccurate persona data by writing on the address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process your request in 28 days and notify you.
You can submit a request to delete your personal data; however, you should bear in mind that we may be required to store some of your Personal Information for certain period of time in order to comply with applicable laws. In such case we will delete this information only after this period of time passes. After receiving such request, we will remove your personal data in accordance with the applicable law. If a data subject is an individual under the age of 16 or legally incompetent, any action provided above may be taken on their behalf by their parent or a legal guardian.
We use different security technologies to ensure security of your personal data. We offer secure “https” access to save-money.org site. Additionally, we regularly carry out monitoring of our systems in order to identify vulnerabilities and/or attacks. However, please note that despite the above listed measures, we cannot guarantee complete security of your personal information. Therefore, we highly advise you to take all possible precautions.
11. Changes to the following Privacy & Cookies Policy
The following Privacy & Cookies Policy may be revised from time to time. It is your responsibility to periodically check save-money.org site for such changes. If, during such revision, we make any substantial changes to the way we collect and use your personal data, we will inform you by posting a notification about such changes on save-money.org website and/or notifying you via provided e-mail, if you are a registered user. Your continuous use of save-money.org after posting of such changes in Privacy & Cookies Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes and indicates that you agree to be bound by such changes.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files that are downloaded on your device by websites that you visit and that allow a website to recognise your device. They are stored by each browser separately and contain information about how you use the website. Cookies are then sent back to originating website on each subsequent visit.
When you simply browse our site without registration, cookies allow us to see which articles, tools and topics are of most interest to you – and to improve our site subsequently to make it more useful and interesting to you. Similarly, they allow us to track a history of your search of money-saving site and to improve a search mechanisms and sites classification logic.
Cookies make possible logging in on the site and staying logged in. If you choose an option “Remember me” while logging in, cookies will allow us to remember you and not ask for your login and password next time you visit our site within the next 30 days.
Cookies allow participating in Money Savers community as registered users: they allow to you to write new posts, make comments and answer them.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Session cookies: cookies that allow us to link your actions only during a browser session. Persistent functionality cookies: cookies that remain on your device for a set period of time specified in the cookie (persistent cookies). They are activated each time that you visit our site. They help the site to remember choices you make: your language settings, text size. These cookies help to improve your experience of a site by providing a more personalised service.
Google Analytics cookies: they provide a statistical analysis that help us understand how people use our site. These cookies collect information in an anonymous form. Examples of information collected by Google Analytics: the number of visitors to the site, countries and places from where visitors have come to the site, how much time each visitor spent on the site, type of browser the visitor used and the pages they visited. We can also use the Display Advertisers feature in Google Analytics.
You can opt out of providing us with this information if you wish, with no impact on your experience of our site. For more information Google Analytics including how you can manage your settings and opt out of this feature, please visit Google Analytics Help: Safeguarding your data.
Social networks cookies. We believe that money-saving skills are important for everyone, so we provide buttons to help people share this knowledge on popular social networking websites. Some of these buttons set cookies according to their sites' policies. We do not control cookies from social networks.
See more on what are cookies, their types and managing on All About Cookies website.
HOW TO CHANGE YOUR COOKIES SETTINGS?
If you do not want your browser to store cookies – or some particular kinds of cookies – any more, or if you want to delete previously saved cookies or to change other settings, most modern browsers will allow you to delete cookies, block cookies, or choose what cookies are stored in the future.
Look at your browser's 'help' function to find out how to do this. Or see the details on how to manage cookies in major web browsers:
Please note that if you change your browser settings to block all cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.